Monday, March 22, 2010

Just over a month ago Jeff and I welcomed little Leland into our lives. We're still getting the hang of parenthood, but I think all three of us are adapting our new lifestyle well and loving every moment, despite the exhaustion, constant feedings and diaper changes!

We decided to give blogging a shot. And after looking in the mirror at my post-pregnancy body and Jeff's sympathy weight, I thought that perhaps this will be a great opportunity to get into shape, without slacking off. So I plan to post a blog entry every day, if possible, to show our progress. We're going to P90X our way through the next 3 months! I also plan to prepare daily meals (served in smaller portions) that include at least one side of veggies, more protein, and less carbs. I hope to post a photo of every dinner for the next 90 days. We will rid our pantry and fridge of processed and junk foods, including chips, sugary cereals, cookies (*whimper*), frozen pizza, soda... etc.


Today was our first day of P90X... Jeff felt like puking when he finished. After a 1 and a half hour workout, I don't blame him. I did my own personal workout just before Jeff got home from work and I'm already questioning my capability to continue this for 90 days straight.


Dinner was hamburger patties, mash potatoes, with cream of mushroom gravy, and cooked broccoli. Yes, the mash potatoes are a big no no... but we wanted to finish off the box, therefore ridding the pantry of another high carb food.

There you have it! 1 Day down and 89 more to go.


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment